Frequently Asked Questions about the Alaska CACHE
How can I get help with using the Alaska CACHE?
A: Alaska's AHEC will gladly train you on how to use the site or you can visit the User Guide
For personal training, contact the Alaska Center for Rural Health, Alaska's AHEC at: 907-786-6589 or e-mail Pat Sammartino, Education Network Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I print the details of training events?
A: Open the specific event details page and click on the "Print version" Link. You will be taken to a page formatted for printing.
Can I print or e-mail a list of trainings from the Alaska CACHE?
A: On all list views, whether from our navigation or a result of your search there is Print version link that you can use to view a print-friendly version of the list you are viewing.
Does the Alaska CACHE provide registration to the training events listed on the site?
A: This functionality is being developed and will be offered in Phase II – due out in mid 2012.
When will health professionals be able to sign-up for an individual e-Portfolio?
A: The e-Portfolio functionality will be built and tested during Phase II of the Alaska CACHE development – scheduled during FY2012. You can lend your expertise and insights into the design by contacting Pat Sammartino via email: pat@akcache.
When will the Alaska CACHE be fully functional?
A: The Alaska CACHE is being developed in 2 phases.
Phase I will be available to Alaska's Health Workforce in June 2011. Phase I includes the abilities:
- To search for CE offerings by profession, health topic, CE provider and delivery type
- To access registration and other information about all events posted to the website
- To print details or email them to friends and colleagues
- For CE Providers: to submit upcoming offerings to the CACHE for dissemination
Phase II will be available in mid 2012. Phase II includes the abilities:
- To open an e-Portfolio that will allow health care professionals to track their CE participation and completion
- To receive e-mail alerts when CE events are posted in your interest areas
- To register for events online for CE Providers who use the Alaska CACHE to organize their event
- For Health Facilities: to develop their own CE portal and manage their employee's CE completion
- For CE Providers: to download data reports and access event-specific information for the events you manage through the Alaska CACHE
How can I get involved in the Alaska CACHE Phase II development?
A: Throughout development of the Alaska CACHE, Alaska's health workforce members have participated in a series of Usability Testing Sessions to ensure the website functionality and interface meet their needs. These sessions will continue monthly throughout the Phase II development.
- Members of Alaska's health workforce i.e. providers, administration, and staff who have oversight and responsibilities related to managing CE Training
- Professional associations that provide CE Credits for their members
- Health organizations and educational institutions that provide CE Credits to Alaska's health workforce
If you are interested in participating and lending your valuable perspective, please contact: Pat Sammartino at email@example.com.