PTSD is distinguished from other psychiatric disorders in that there is a known etiological component: an event that involves life threat, serious injury, or death. The US Department of Veterans Affairs: National Center for PTSD website includes over 40 free online courses to help health professionals care for patients who have experienced these events. These course provide detailed descriptions of the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria, risk factors, and evidence-based treatments for PTSD and it's related issues.
Some topics include:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Experiences of Sexual Assault During Military Service
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Reintegration Challenges
- Treatment of Cormorbid TBI and PTSD: Lessons Learned
- Provider Strategies for Coping with Burnout and Secondary Traumatic Stress
- Introduction to PTSD and Suicide: Conceptualization and Assessment
And many more!
Over 40 free courses between a half hour and 10 hours long! Many offer CE credits for multiple professions!